Salvation Army Waupaca County, The
Contact: June Sawall
The Salvation Army Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motived by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
A Service Unit is composed of local volunteers who know their community very well. The Service Unit provides local, regional and national Salvation Army services in communities where the Army has no church / Community Center.
Service Units Are;
- Community representatives interested in the spiritual, moral and physical well – being of others
- Applying their commitment to The Salvation Army’s mission by bring needed help to their local communities
- Translating volunteers’ interest in The Salvation Army into active involvement, working with clients and dispensing and raising funds for the work of the organization
What is the Purpose of the Service Unit?
Providing immediate emergency assistance, a Service Unit exists to help others at their greatest point of need. It is not the purpose of The Salvation Army to duplicate the work of other agencies; our purpose is to fill needs not being met elsewhere. The Salvation Army’s Service Units strive to help those in need in their communities resolve a crisis or emergency with practical aid, personal support and sincere compassion. In addition to local assistance, The Salvation Army’s network of statewide services are available through the Service Unit.
Service Unit Aid May Include;
- Utility Payments
- Rent Assistance
- Emergency Transportation Expenses
- Emergency Meals
- Emergency Prescriptions
- Assistance for Disaster Victims
- Fuel / Home Heat
301 E. Beacon Ave. New London, WI 54961