Bear Creek Lions Club
Contact: Donna Hein
The Bear Creek Lions Club was chartered in 1973.
Monthly meetings are held the first Monday of each month beginning with a social gathering at 6 p.m., a pot – luck meal at 6:30 p.m., followed by our meeting at approximately 7:30 p.m. May through October meetings are held at the Bear Creek Lions Shelter located at the corner of Hwy. 45 and 76. November through April meetings are held at the Town of Bear Creek on Silver Creek Road.
The following are just some of the services / events that we offer:
• We collect used eye glasses and take them to the Lions Camp in Rosholt. They in turn, inspect them and send them to third world countries and recycle whatever they can use.
• We recently helped purchase a special camera that can be used to detect early vision problems in young children within the surrounding area.
• At Christmas time we distribute approximately 80 fruit baskets to people who are in need, either having lost a loved one, someone suffering with health issues, or anyone going through a difficult time. It is so rewarding to see the smile on their faces and to realize how something so little, can mean so much to someone in need.
• We also build wheel chair ramps in the surrounding community to people in need.
• During the summer months of May through August we hold Men’s Country League Softball on Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. On Wednesday nights June through August we hold T- Ball at 5:30 p.m. and Little League to follow, at approximately 6:30 p.m. All games are held at the intersection of US Hwy. 45 and Hwy. 76 (directly north of the Bear Creek Citgo).
• Annual Brat and Burger Fry held the Thursday and Friday before Memorial Day. This is held at the Bear Creek Citgo Parking Lot. Takeout orders are available.